Friday, January 24, 2014

Courageous Woman Overcomes Serious Mental Illness and Discovers Jesus

 (Image from Amazon)

 On the Amazon memoir discussion page I "befriended" a lovely mature woman who tells her story of growing up in a very oppressive and God-less home and environment and lapsing into major mental illness and being institutionalized. Somehow she made it though all of that and is now stable and joyful

Merica Saint John is the name of this writer who can help us all on our journey of continuing recovery and mental and spiritual health

She wrote on the discussion page:
<I am just finishing my third book in a trilogy of memoir. My first book "Dying to Live" is about recovering from severe clinical depression and other mental illness issues. My second book, "Let the Seed Fall" is about moving on from there when few professionals thought I'd ever be able to live outside an institution. It tells how I went on to become a missionary in Alaska and in Africa. My third book, "Salted by Fire" is almost ready for the publisher (hopefully this week, if God is willing). They are done as a trilogy because I didn't yet know some things about my background when I wrote the first two. All are from a Christian perspective but are not pie-in-the-sky by any means. They tell of multiple traumas and adversity but also show how God was there through it all.
Let The Seed Fall: Growing from a Seed to a Tree by God's PowerDying to Live: Emerging from the Darkness of Mental Illness into the Light of a Sound Mind. Merica Saint John>

No comments:

Post a Comment